British heavyweight David Haye has admitted he could walk away from boxing again if his comeback fight does not go to plan against Mark de Mori.
The former two-weight world champion surprised many when he announced his return after a three-year lay off.
The likes of Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua are now competing at the top of the heavyweight division but Haye is determined to prove his worth again. Haye’s last fight came back in 2012 when he destroyed Dereck Chisora at Upton Park but injuries forced him into retirement.
The London fighter claimed he was told to never fight again due to his shoulder problems but he will return on Saturday night at the 02 Arena.
However, the 35-year-old admits that he if doesn’t feel he can compete he will walk away for good.
He said: “I’m not going to do this if I don’t believe I can win that title.
“If I’m in there and it feels so far away from me then that will be a consideration [to retire again], even if I win the fight.
“Unless I’m 100 per cent confident I can beat somebody, and become world champion, there’s no point getting in the ring. I’ve boxed for long enough to know that if I’m getting hit with shots I don’t normally get hit with. That’s a tell-tale sign.”
Haye is 1.04 to down De Mori on Saturday by any method, a draw is available at 23.00 and De Mori can be backed at 11.00.