Share this story
Claim your Bonus
Get 100% up to SGD100 Bonus on your First Deposit
Despite some troubles in the past, Carlos Tevez wants to prolong his stay at Manchester City.
The controversial Argentine striker hinted he could remain with the club beyond the expiration of his current contract which is to end next summer.
Tevez, 29, infamously went AWOL in the 2011-12 title-winning season and has had several misunderstanding with City boss Roberto Mancini.
He has yet to start formal talks with the club over a new deal.
However, the club’s top scorer this season says he will honour the last year of his contract and that the changed circumstances in the last year mean he could consider a longer stay.
“I have a year left and I will respect that,” Tevez told reporters on Thursday. “I’ll think about whether to sign a new one. It’s not the same as last season when I wanted to leave as soon as possible. I’m going through a different time. The club is treating me really well and that’s so important for me.”
Tevez controversially swapped sides in Manchester in 2009, and has since gone on to pocket the Premier League and FA Cup crowns with Mancini’s side.
City are facing Wigan in the FA Cup final at Wembley this May.