Slaven Bilic says he is ready to fight on and believes he is still the right man to lead West Ham after falling to a 4-1 defeat against Liverpool on Saturday.
The Hammers sit just outside of the bottom three after falling to their sixth loss in the Premier League this season.
Liverpool blew them away at the London Stadium courtesy of a brace from Mohamed Salah and goals from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Joel Matip, while Manuel Lanzini netted a consolation.
West Ham, who are priced at 3.25 to be relegated, now boast just one win from their last six Premier League outings and the pressure is starting to mount on the Croatian.
Reports claimed that Bilic was given just two games to save his job prior to the recent meetings with Tottenham in the Carabao Cup and Crystal Palace in the league.
Bilic guided West Ham to a spirited comeback victory over Spurs but they had to settle for a draw against an improving Palace.
The 49-year-old still believes he can turn their fortunes around and has vowed to keep fighting for as long as the board want to keep him on.
Bilic said: “Of course I believe in myself, in my staff and in my team and their character and everything.
“I came so far from a small country first as a player then as a manager, so it’s not about that. I am a big fighter.
I definitely don’t feel a broken man. I am very, very strong. On the other hand, the situation for West Ham is not good and as I said two years ago, one year ago, and now, the club is about every individual and that includes me.
“I am the one who is taking the bullets all the time when I have to and when I don’t have to. So it is out of the question how strong a character I am.
I believe in myself, I believe in my work, I believe in my staff and I believe in my players. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have come so far from a small country.”