Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc says there is no deal in place for Barcelona full back Dani Alves to join the Ligue 1 champions in the summer.
The Brazilian international will be out of contract at the Nou Camp when the season ends and his agent confirmed last week that he had rejected the club’s final contract offer.
The 31-year-old has previously spoken of a desire to move to England but there were strong rumours linking him with PSG last month – which Alves denied.
On the eve of Paris St-Germain’s Champions League last-16 first leg clash with Barcelona at the Parc des Princes, Blanc confirmed no deal has been done but he is not ruling out a move for Alves when the transfer window opens.
“There has not been a concrete offer for Dani Alves.” said Blanc. “He is a Barcelona player and it would not be the best moment to contact him.
“He has a commitment with Barca. We also do from here to the end of the season and we are not yet in the transfer window.”
Alves is suspended for Wednesday’s clash between the sides in Paris, but Blanc is clearly an admirer.
“He will not be there Wednesday but he is one of the best right-backs in the world,” he added.
Paris St Germain are 4.34 to defeat Barcelona, who are 1.77, in their first leg clash with the draw 3.64.
The sides have already in the group stage of this season’s competition with PSG defeating Barcelona 3-2 at the Parc des Princes in September.