Paris St-Germain sporting director Leonardo insists the French outfit has not received a ‘concrete offer’ for want-away striker Neymar.
The Brazil forward confirmed earlier this month that he wishes to leave the Parisian side during this transfer window. His former club Barcelona, as well as their fierce La Liga rivals Real Madrid, are both said to be monitoring the situation.
Speaking following PSG’s 1-1 pre-season friendly draw against FC Nuremburg on Saturday, Leonardo suggested reports of a £90m-plus-players offer from the Spanish champions are well wide of the mark. “There is nothing different, nothing at all. There are no concrete offers for Neymar. He has a contract with us and is our player,” he confirmed.
“I repeat, there is no concrete offer. It’s been the same situation for ten days.” Media reports had suggested Barcelona had offered PSG £90m plus two players in return for Neymar coming back to Camp Nou. The list of players on offer was said to include Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Ivan Rakitic, Nelson Semedo, Malcom and Samuel Umtiti.
PSG head coach Thomas Tuchel confirmed last week that Neymar had told the Ligue 1 club of his desire to leave, but the manager says the matter now rests between player and club. “It’s a matter between the club and Neymar,” said Tuchel.
“He’s training with the team for the first time tomorrow, so far he’s only trained individually, and he’s going to China [on pre-season tour].” Paris St-Germain are 10.00 to win next season’s Champions League, while Barcelona are 6.50.