Anthony Joshua insists he will fight Dillian Whyte again in the future after securing a knockout victory over his compatriot in December last year.
The 27-year-old claimed the victory via a seventh-round stoppage at the O2 Arena in London and his career has gone from strength-to-strength, with further triumphs over Charles Martin and Dominic Breazeale.
Joshua had been in talks to fight Wladimir Klitschko at the Manchester Arena on December 10, but no fight materialised and he will now instead take on American Eric Molina at the same venue.
The 2012 Olympic super heavyweight champion insists he is fully focused on his next bout, but did confirm that he considered setting up a rematch with Whyte, who is on the undercard next month.
“I even mentioned about fighting him on December 10 but he was scheduled in to fight (Dereck) Chisora. But no problem, we’ll get it on again,” the unbeaten fighter said.
Joshua went on to reveal that he will definitely fight Whyte again in the future, praising his rival for the improvements he has made since the duo went head-to-head last year. Asked if a rematch with Whyte will happen one day,
Joshua said: “One hundred and ten per cent. The fact I managed to knock him out doesn’t make him a bad fighter and doesn’t mean he can’t take a punch.
It means I turned out to be the better fighter on the night.” Joshua is available at 1.02 to secure a victory next month while Molina is priced at 15.00 and the draw is on offer at 34.00.