Wales manager Chris Coleman expects to sign a new deal with Welsh FA in the wake of leading his country to the Euro 2016 Finals in France next summer.
Coleman ended Wales’ long wait for a major tournament appearance despite a 2-0 defeat against Bosnia-Herzegovina on Sunday.
His contract was due to expire after their final Group B game against Andorra on Tuesday but FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford said Coleman’s contract had been automatically extended until the end of next summer’s finals, Wales’ first tournament appearance since 1958.
The former Fulham boss admits he is likely to put pen to paper on a new deal sooner rather than later, with more success already on his mind.
“Hopefully we can agree on that,” he told BBC Wales Sport.
“And it won’t be about my contract, it will be about the structure and how we can take that forward.
“We’ve got to keep pushing these lads and that’s the only way. It’s not about resting now we’ve got to France.
“We’ve got think about how we replicate this campaign after we’ve been to France. We’ve got to qualify for the (2018) World Cup.”
Coleman came close with Wales as a player during his 32-cap international career and he says the anguish of narrowly missing out on qualification had never left him after defeat to Romania in 1993 had denied Terry Yorath’s team a spot at USA ’94.
“You never lose that feeling of disappointment. So having the chance to put it right… and it’s not about being the first one to do it – it’s about now having the chance to compete on the big stage against the best teams; our team testing themselves against the best players,”
Wales are 6.00 to beat Andorra 4-0 in their final Euro 2016 qualifier in Cardiff.