Wales defender Chris Gunter is adamant his side can pick up a result against Serbia in June even though they will be without forward Gareth Bale.
The Real Madrid star picked up his second yellow of the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign on Friday night following his challenge on John O’Shea in the 0-0 draw against the Republic of Ireland.
Bale was lucky to avoid a straight red card but he will still miss the next game through suspension, which is away in Serbia on June 11.
The former Tottenham star has scored four goals so far during the qualifying campaign and has not missed a competitive international since October 2013.
Wales sit third in Group D and Gunter believes they can shock the group leaders in June, even without their talisman.
“It’s up to us to fill that gap, go there and get a result,” Gunter said.
“We’ve missed important players in the past and we’ve always said it’s not a one-man team.
For Gaz to play well, he needs the team. That won’t change in the summer.
“You’d rather him in your team, but he’s not there and we’ve got to get a result. We’re more than capable with the squad we have to go and do that, with or without any of our players.
“We will deal with it and move on. We’ve still got enough games to put a run of wins together and you can’t predict how other results will go.
“We’ve shown in the past that we can go anywhere and put wins together. We’ve got to remember that and stay positive.”