New Wolves striker Patrick Cutrone says he cannot wait to start playing in the Premier League after he sealed his move from AC Milan on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old moved to Molineux after the two clubs agreed a fee of £23million and he successfully passed a medical at the club’s training based on Monday.
Cutrone had already agreed personal terms after leaving Milan’s pre-season tour of the USA and he is now set to start training with the club ahead of the new Premier League campaign.
The Como-born striker came through the ranks at the San Siro and he scored 13 league goals during 63 appearances. He was called up to the Italian national team for the first time in 2018 and will now give Raul Jimenez some competition up front after he made his move permanent from Benfica at the end of last season.
When asked about the move, Cutrone told reporters: “I’m very pleased to be here because the club really wanted me. I’m very happy and want to give my all for the team. “The club really wanted me and being able to play in the Premier League for Wolves is fantastic. I just can’t wait to get started.”
The Midlands club have also signed Flavio Cristovao after he impressed during a trial with the club’s U23s side. The free agent can play in midfield and in defence and he has signed a one-year deal and will start the campaign with Rob Edwards’ under-23 side.
He will be hoping to join Cutrone in the first-team squad in the coming weeks, but the first game of the season should come too soon for him.
Wolves travel to Leicester City on the opening weekend with the Foxes 2.38 favourites. The draw is 3.30, while Wolves are priced at 3.10 to grab all three points.